At Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS, we leverage the latest in dental technology with our state-of-the-art 3D dental scanning This advanced diagnostic tool allows our team to create detailed three-dimensional images of your teeth and jaw, enhancing our ability to diagnose and plan treatments with unparalleled precision.
3D dental scanning is essential for:
- Providing detailed and accurate dental images
- Aiding in precise diagnosis and treatment planning
- Enhancing patient understanding and involvement in their treatment
- Reducing the need for invasive diagnostic procedures
The incorporation of 3D scanning in dental practice is crucial for:
- Improving the accuracy of dental implant placement
- Assisting in the planning of orthodontic treatments
- Facilitating complex procedures like root canals and extractions
- Creating more precise dental restorations, such as crowns and bridges
Our approach using 3D dental scanners includes:
- Initial Assessment: Determining if 3D scanning is necessary for your dental care.
- Scanning Procedure: Comfortably scanning your mouth using the 3D scanner to obtain detailed images.
- Image Analysis: Our team analyzes the 3D images to diagnose issues and plan treatments.
- Treatment Planning: Utilizing the detailed 3D images to prepare for procedures such as implants, braces, or other dental treatments.
- Patient Consultation: Reviewing the 3D images with you, explaining the findings, and discussing the proposed treatment plan.
While 3D scanning itself is not a preventative tool, it aids in:
- Early detection of potential dental issues
- Planning treatments that prevent future complications
- Ensuring precise results in preventative procedures
The use of 3D dental scanning represents a significant advancement in dental diagnostics and treatment planning, leading to more effective and efficient dental care.
Unlike traditional X-rays, 3D dental scanning provides more detailed, three-dimensional images, offering a comprehensive view of dental structures for precise diagnosis and treatment planning.
Yes, the 3D scanning process is non-invasive, quick, and comfortable, typically requiring only a few minutes to complete.
3D scanning is beneficial for a wide range of procedures, particularly those requiring detailed imaging for accurate planning, such as implants, orthodontics, and complex restorations.
Experience the cutting-edge technology of 3D dental scanning at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS. Call us at 785-272-3864 to schedule an appointment and benefit from our advanced diagnostic capabilities.