Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS, offers state-of-the-art clear aligner orthodontics, providing a modern, virtually invisible solution for straightening teeth. Our dedicated team is committed to delivering personalized orthodontic care, ensuring a comfortable and effective treatment journey.
Clear aligners may be an ideal choice if you have:
- Crowded or crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Mild to moderate bite issues, such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- A desire for a more discreet orthodontic treatment option
Why Clear Aligners are Beneficial for Orthodontics
Clear aligners offer significant advantages, including:
- Aesthetically pleasing due to their near-invisibility
- Removable for eating, brushing, and flossing
- Typically offering a more comfortable fit than traditional braces
- Allowing for a potentially shorter treatment time in some cases
Our clear aligner treatment process involves:
- Initial Consultation: Evaluating your dental alignment and discussing clear aligner suitability.
- Custom Treatment Plan: Creating a personalized plan based on a 3D scan of your teeth.
- Receiving Your Aligners: Providing a series of custom-made aligners to gradually shift your teeth.
- Regular Progress Checks: Monitoring your progress with periodic check-ups and adjustments.
- Transitioning Through Aligners: Progressing through each set of aligners as your teeth move.
- Post-Treatment Care: Providing retainers to maintain your new alignment after treatment.
To maintain results post-treatment:
- Wear retainers as prescribed to prevent teeth from shifting back
- Continue with good oral hygiene practices
- Schedule regular dental check-ups and cleanings
Clear aligners can effectively straighten teeth and correct bite issues, leading to an enhanced smile and improved oral health.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does my child need orthodontic treatment?
Only an orthodontist can diagnose the need for orthodontic treatment, however your child may need orthodontic treatment if they display any of the following signs:
- teeth crowding
- frequent thumb sucking
- primary teeth fall out too early or late
- jaw appears disproportionate to the face
- regularly breathes from their mouth while sleeping
- exhibits malocclusion (overbite, underbite, cross bite, or open bite)
Regardless of whether or not your child is displaying these signs, it is recommended that they have an orthodontic screening no later than the age of 7. Early orthodontic screenings can detect and address potential problems, which can minimize the extent of orthodontic treatment needed down the line. To determine if your child can benefit from orthodontic treatment, schedule a consultation with Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry today.
Can adults be candidates for orthodontic treatment?
Yes! Whether you’ve never had orthodontic treatment or your teeth have shifted after receiving treatment in your teens, you can be candidates for adult orthodontic treatment if your teeth are crowded, crooked, overlapping, or have gaps between them. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for adult orthodontic treatment, schedule a consultation with Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry today.
What can I expect when receiving orthodontic treatment at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry?
When receiving orthodontic treatment at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry, you can expect our dentists to assess your bite and take dental x-rays. They will then use this information to provide recommendations for the most effective course of treatment.
Your exact treatment expectations will vary depending on your age, diagnosis, and the type of orthodontic appliance used. For example, there are certain orthodontic appliances that can be used for early orthodontic treatment in children, however these appliances are usually not effective when treating teens or adults. Additionally, some orthodontic appliances are removable, while others are fixed in place.
Your dentist will tell you what you need to know about your specific orthodontic appliance so that you know what to expect during your treatment. In some cases, you may need to adhere to temporary diet restrictions. You may also need to learn how to care for your orthodontic appliance to prevent it from becoming damaged or lost.
What can I expect after orthodontic treatment?
In most cases after receiving orthodontic treatment, you can expect to be fitted with a retainer. A retainer is an orthodontic appliance that “retains” the new position of your teeth. In most cases, you will start by wearing the retainer full time, then you will slowly transition to wearing it only at night, per your dentist’s instructions.
How Long Does Clear Aligner Treatment Take?
Treatment duration varies based on individual needs but typically ranges from 6 to 18 months.
For many cases, particularly mild to moderate alignment issues, clear aligners can be as effective as traditional braces.
It’s recommended to remove clear aligners while eating or drinking anything other than water to prevent damage and maintain hygiene.
Transform your smile discreetly with clear aligners from Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS. Call us at 785-272-3864 to schedule a consultation and explore how clear aligner orthodontics can benefit you.