Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS, offers expert crown and bridge services to restore and enhance your dental health and appearance. Our team, including highly skilled professionals like Dr. Lewis and Dr. Jowett, utilizes the latest dental technologies to provide durable and aesthetic solutions for a variety of dental issues.
You may need a crown or bridge if you experience:
- A tooth that is fractured or has a large filling
- A tooth that is severely worn or decayed
- Missing one or more teeth, causing gaps
- A need to protect a tooth after a root canal treatment
- A desire to improve the appearance of discolored or poorly shaped teeth
Crowns and bridges are essential for:
- Restoring the function and appearance of damaged or missing teeth
- Preventing misalignment of remaining teeth
- Distributing bite forces properly in cases of missing teeth
- Enhancing the overall aesthetics of your smile
Our treatment process includes:
- Initial Consultation: Assessing your dental condition and discussing the best options.
- Preparation of Teeth: Reshaping the teeth to ensure a proper fit for the crown or bridge.
- Impressions: Creating a precise mold for the crown or bridge.
- Temporary Crown/Bridge Placement: Providing a temporary solution while your custom crown or bridge is being made.
- Final Fitting: Carefully placing and adjusting the custom-made crown or bridge.
- Follow-Up: Monitoring the new restoration and making any necessary adjustments.
To ensure the longevity of your crowns and bridges:
- Maintain good oral hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing
- Avoid chewing hard foods or objects
- Schedule regular dental checkups for professional cleaning and examination
With proper care, crowns and bridges can last many years, providing a long-term solution for restoring dental function and aesthetics.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Am I a candidate for a dental crown or bridge?
You may be a candidate for a dental crown if you have one or more teeth that are broken, decayed, worn down, or chipped. You may be a candidate for a dental bridge if you have one or more missing teeth surrounded by healthy teeth on either side. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for a crown or bridge and which is right for you, schedule a consultation with one of our dentists at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry today.
What can I expect when having a dental crown or bridge placed at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry?
When you have a crown or bridge placed at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry, you can expect our dentist to examine the area that is damaged and recommend the appropriate solution. If it is determined that you are most likely a candidate for a dental crown or bridge, you may be able to start the process the same day as your consultation.
In order to place a crown or bridge, the tooth will first need to be prepared. During this preparation, your dentist will remove excessive tooth structure to ensure that the crown can fit properly. When having a dental bridge placed, this will need to be repeated on both teeth receiving crowns.
An impression of your teeth will then be taken and sent to a dental lab where your custom-fitted crown or bridge will be created. After you are notified that they are ready, our dentists at Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry will place your new crown or bridge and ensure that it fits properly.
What should I expect after getting a crown or bridge?
After having your crown or bridge placed, it is normal to experience some sensitivity – especially to hot and cold. Additionally, you may experience soreness in the gums surrounding your restorations, though this is usually manageable with ibuprofen and should subside within a few days. This sensitivity and gum soreness is usually short-lived and fades once the tooth and gums have adapted to the new restoration.
What Are Crowns and Bridges Made Of?
Crowns and bridges can be made from various materials, including porcelain, ceramic, and metal alloys, chosen based on the location of the tooth and aesthetic considerations.
With proper care, crowns and bridges can last for many years, often over a decade. Their lifespan can be extended with good oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
Crowns and bridges offer a more permanent solution and are typically more stable than dentures, but the best option depends on individual dental conditions and needs.
For quality crowns and bridges, trust the expertise of Jowett & Lewis Family Dentistry in Topeka, KS. Call us at 785-272-3864 to schedule a consultation and explore how we can restore the beauty and functionality of your smile.